Friday, February 28, 2014

What I've Been Reading This Week... Panorama Island

So I guess I'm going full tilt into this whole manga thing. Wooooooooo


Suehiro Marou's The Strange Tale of Panorama Island was a book I was referred to by a friend after displaying interest in my recent obsession with manga. The story follows a young, unsuccessful writer who finds out that that his twin brother has suddenly fallen ill and has passed away. And, get this, he was stinking rich.

The less successful brother decides to take his place and uses the stolen fortune to make his wildest dreams a reality.

This story is pretty much an homage to Edgar Allen Poe in a roundabout way. The pacing is very similar so if you like Poe and pictures... man do it, I guess.

Personal Rating 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment