Friday, February 28, 2014

What I've Been Reading This Week... Nausicaa

So in addendum to the weekly reading/writing assignments I've been reading some comics on the side...


This week its been Hayao Miyazaki's: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.


I was first introduced to Miyazaki's work when I saw Spirited Away in theaters and I was simply blown away. Much like every other art student in school I've been obsessed with his work ever since. When I learned that his first film of the same name was originally a graphic novel that he wrote and illustrated entirely himself I had no other choice but to dive into this six installment epic.

The film version covers only a fraction of Hayao's original story and leaves out some interesting characters. If you have the time to check out this work I highly recommend it!

Personal rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment